Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm going to Mexico July 31, 2014

Family and other decent people,

Had a great week here and time is moving way too fast for my liking. I wanted to get out of here pretty bad and just go to Mexico, but I don't know Spanish so I wouldn't be too upset if I had to stay here for a little while. It's crazy to think that on Monday I will be in another country, and on Tuesday I could be out proselyting. Let's just say it's going to be a little difficult trying to talk to people in Spanish, but I just have to pray that occasionally I will be able to understand what is happening during the lessons that I will teach! I am scared to death, but even if I can butcher a little bit of the gospel in Spanish, it is better than someone not learning about it at all!

This week I have learned a lot. The main thing I have learned is that everyone in this world has a story, and that you have no idea about the things that people have gone through. Most of us have it pretty good, but even those of us that have it good have had very difficult challenges in our lives. Life isn't easy, but through the gospel it can be made simple. Being an example and treating others with respect isn't just a gospel principle. It is a life principle. We all have an amazing ability to impact the lives of those around us, so be an example at all times. Treat others with respect, even if they don't want to treat you the same. Be nice and be the person that brightens up someone else's day! There is an awesome quote, but I have no idea who said it but it is something like this "You may forget the kind words you say today, but those words may be cherished by the recipient for a lifetime" 

I do not have any good stories from the MTC this week, basically because it is impossible to have good stories from the MTC because nothing cool ever happens! I ran into Elder May(Flower) today. It's always nice to see a familiar face. I also saw Elder Ophar which was awesome because I haven't seen him in like 7 years! He says he is doing great and he looked happy to be here! They will both be great missionaries!

I am excited to leave on Monday, but am a little bummed out because I have made some great friends in my district and in my zone here. I can't wait to get to Mexico and see what the next two years has in store for me! Please keep me in your thoughts as you pass by golf courses! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Hirsch



Me and Elder Christensen being ourselves.  Mallet wanted in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment