Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another week at the MTC down Week 2 July 10, 2014

Friends and Family,

Another week in the MTC down! I wont lie, this place is just hard work. I'm trying my best to keep a good attitude, but it's pretty hard when this language isn't happening for me as fast as I want it to. I am looking forward to the day when I know the language well enough to say the things I need to say to my investigators. I can't wait to get to Mexico! A lot of you are asking about the food, and I will just say that it is terrific until you have to eat it every single day for every meal. Haha it just gets a little old after a while.

A couple cool things happened this week. On the fourth of July they had a special devotional and let us watch the movie "17 Miracles" then go outside and watch the fireworks that were going on at the BYU football stadium. It was about as close as you can get to a party here at the MTC/CCM.

One of the districts in our zone left the MTC on Monday. The night before they left they wanted to get Priesthood blessings. This experience was awesome, everyone from our zone was in the classroom. It was an amazing experience to hear the blessings given by other missionaries. The coolest part about this was that one of the missionaries leaving (Elder Bowers), asked if I would be the one to give him a blessings. It was an amazing experience. Elder Bowers was one of the older elders that I really look up to, and I respect him a lot. The spirit in that room was indescribable! Absolutely Amazing!

One more awesome opportunity that we had this week was Elder Neil L Anderson coming to speak to us in the devotional on Tuesday. He gave a great talk on recognizing the spirit. The apostles just have a certain spirit to them that they just carry around consistently. It was a great opportunity to hear him speak.

The days here are beginning to move a lot faster and I'm sure it will be over in no time. I am doing my best to keep a good attitude and take advantage of the learning opportunity I have been given in the CCM. BE YOUR BEST EVERY DAY.

I love and miss you all and love to hear from you! 

Elder Hirsch
Seeing friends from home at the MTC
Elder Will Daines and Elder Ben Peterson


Kelton's missionary companion at the MTC
Elder Christensen from Richfield UT


More friends from home  Elder Parker Handley
and Elder Ben Peterson

Also Elder Sam Tullis from home

No comments:

Post a Comment