Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Trials In Our Lives September 9, 2015

Family and Friends,

I dont have much to say about this week, but we are having a really good time here in Mexico. I cant even begin to explain how thankful I am to be here in the mission and be able to share the gospel with all of those people who need it so badly. The one thing I can truely say that I have gained from the mission is my personal testimony on how important this gospel is in our daily lives, and how it can help us overcome the difficulties that this life has for us.

This week I was thinking a lot about challenges that we face. We all have a hard time with something. Whether they are small things or big things. I always have wondered why such rough difficulties come to people that are trying so hard to do the right things, and why they have to have it so rough. So many missionaries have a hard time in the mission. Whether it is because of family problems or some other personal reasons. In my opinion missionaries are some of the most righteous people that are living and for some reason they are having some of the toughest difficulties while they are here in the mission.

I have come to my conclusion, and I always teach this to my investigators, and it is that there are two types of blessings. First would be those great things that come into our lives and allow us to be happy. The other one, the one we usually dont recognize, are the worst things that come into our lives. The challenges that allow us to become better. The challenges that allow us to become better people, and allow us to become stronger in faith and in character.

The best part is, is that we have the gospel to help us overcome them. How would it be, going through our challenges without knowing how to pray? or without having a Book of Mormon? or without having the sacrament? Or without having a ward family? Personally if I didnt have these things I wouldnt be the person I am today. Life would be a very difficult thing if we didnt have the gospel in our lives. This is what gives me the motivation to share the gospel with everyone here in Mexico. Even if all we do is teach them how to pray. Or teach them about the Book of Mormon. Every small effort counts. Please share these things with all the people that dont know or have these things. Also share it with those who have forgotten how big of a blessing these things are. 

I love you all, and hope all is well. 

Elder Hirsch 

No comments:

Post a Comment