Monday, August 24, 2015

Transfers!!! August 17, 2015

Mother,

I know you are probably worried about me but everything is just fine. We had changes on Monday so we didnt have time to have our P day. I got transfered out of my area and got moved to be President Whiteheads secretary. I am going to be working in the offices of the mission and helping with the management part of the mission. I am in charge of all of the visas and passports. Also in charge of travel plans for missionaries that are leaving and also all of the cell phones in the mission. It is going to be weird working here because we only go out on the streets at night from 6 to 9 so there isnt a lot of time, but I am hoping that the Lord blesses us with a little bit of success while I am here! I think I will be here for at least 6 months, which means I will be coming to the end of my mission when I leave here. I am not sure how excited I am to be working here in the offices but I think it will be a great experience to learn from President and see things from a different angle!

We usually have to work on Mondays here because all the missionaries need more help on their preparation day, so we will be writing normally on Wednesdays but it will change a bunch because there is always crazy stuff going on. i will write once a week but I cant promise you what day! Also there wont be as many stories because we arent working as much with investigators, but it will be a good experience!

This last week went really well. Unfortunately we didnt have the opportunity to baptize Maria Juana, but I think she will be baptized at some point. It was a tough last week of the trasfer with my companion but the Lord really helped me get through it. I cant say that we worked harder but the Lord blessed us with a lot of new people to teach and we got 6 investigators to church the other day. We received a lot of blessings and thankfully I was able to hang on strong and not get too frustrated with my companion.

My new companions are Elder Lowe and Elder Demars. Elder Demars is training me right now and will be headed out of the offices next week so I will be working here with Elder Lowe. He is a really good guy and he is from Layton utah. He is really laid back and the best part about him is that he loves to play golf! haha we are going to have a good time here. We found a guy that is in our ward that is a member at the nicest golf country club in Mexico and we are going to go play golf in a couple of weeks there with President Whitehead! 

I am excited to be here and experience something new about the mission. Its going to be a lot of fun.





Family and Friends,

 Everything is going great here in Mexico! I just finished my last transfer in the area that I was serving in and we had a ton of success. We were teaching a lot of great people so it was difficult to leave. I am excited to work in my new area and find more of the people that the Lord has prepared for us to teach!

I dont have a lot of time to write but I wanted to share a little bit about what I have been studying this last little while.

I always said before the mission that the gospel is what makes us happy and that by living the gospel that we will become closer to our savior Jesus Christ, but one thing I have been studdying a lot lately is what is it actually that makes us happier than everyone else, and I have come to the conclusion that it isnt the gospel. The answer is LOVE. When the scriptures say that God is Love it is because it is the only way to describe him! It isnt living the gospel that makes us happy, but by living the gospel it allows us to feel Gods love for us. The steps of the gospel are there to help us be pure which helps us to feel more of the Love that our Savior has for us!

Love your neighbor. 

I love you all and hope that all is well!

Elder Hirsch


Fun group of missionaries


This boy is only 14 years old and no one in his family is a member
but they all came to support him. A great experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment