Monday, May 11, 2015

Edgars Baptism May 11, 2015

 Baptism of Edgar


 Kelton in front of the church

 The City


Family and Friends,

First of all happy mothers day to all of my mothers in Utah! It was a great experience to hear from the family and a little crazy to see that you guys still live normally. We get lost out here on the mission and it gets harder and harder to remember how easy and comfortable life is back home! I hope you all had a wonderful day with your families!

This week went terrific. My companion and I have been working super hard in the area that we are in and we have been having a ton of success. We have found a lot of great people to teach and a few families that are investigating the church. Yesterday I can honestly say, was one of the best days of my entire time here in Mexico. We brought a huge family to church, (4 parents and 7 children) and they all loved it, and on top of that we had a Baptism of a guy named Edgar, who might be one of the best converts to the church of all time.

Edgars story:

We found Edgar about a month ago while we were contacting in the street. We found him on saturday and he was so good that he came to church with us on sunday with his girlfriend/wife (Its basically the same thing here) well he loved the church and had a ton of motivation to keep learning more, but his wife hated every minute of the time she was at church and didnt want anything to do with it. He was super pacient with her and didnt force her to learn more about the church. Well, the next week Edgar had plans to come to church with us, and we went by his house to pick him up and he told us that he had a couple of things to take care of and that he would come to church if he could. Well he didnt come that day and later told us that his wife gave him an ultimateum. She said that he had to choose between going to church or her. Edgars exact words were - The decision wasnt hard, I know that this is the true church and that its my time to make a change in my life, but they reason that I wasnt at church is because I had to help her carry her stuff to her mothers house--- I honestly couldnt believe the faith that this guy has. He told us that whatever happens in his life happens for a reason he said that if his wife comes back then she comes back, but if not it is all part of the Lords plan for me. 

Since that day he read the entire book of mormon, and completely changed his life around. We told him about the word of wisdom and since that day he hasnt touched a cup of coffee or a ciggarrette. He has done everything the Lord has asked of him and we got to baptize him on Mothers day! 

The Lord has his people ready to receive the gospel. In every moment he is prompting his children to be in the right place at exactly the right time so that they can come in contact with the chruch. I know that the Lord provides a way for every single one of his children to return to his kingdom. I am so grateful to have this time to serve as an instrument in the hands of the Lord. This work is amazing and I am loving every second of it.

Miracles are happening every day. Trust in the Lord and he will bless you. I love you all and hope you all have a great week. Be your best every day.

Elder Hirsch

No comments:

Post a Comment