Monday, October 6, 2014

Guess Who Still Can't Speak Spanish? October 6, 2014

Family and Friends,

I have learned a lot this week, and very little of this learning has been the language! I am starting to realize that the language will come eventually and that I just need to relax and trust that the lord will bless me in times of need! Life is still hard, but the mission was never supposed to be easy as I shared last week. I hope I haven't been negative in my emails, because I am really grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord and pay back just a little sliver of the blessings I have received in my life!

This week was conference as you all know and we learned a ton. A lot of the talks had a common theme and that was Prophets and personal testimony. Missionary work is all about inviting and helping people develop a personal testimony and enter into the path of eternal life through baptism. It is impossible to share and invite others to do something without our own personal testimony. I have rededicated myself and am doing my best to grow my personal testimony every day. I invite you all to do the same through scripture study, pondering and personal prayer. This is what the Church is all about. PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

I know that this Church is true, and know that you can know the same through these basic steps. I know this is the Lords work, and that I was called by a prophet of God to go help the people of Mexico! I love you all and thank you for your prayers in my behalf. 

On a more funny note. So yesterday it rained really hard, and we got a call at about 8 o'clock and our neighbor said that he thinks our house is flooded a little bit. We weren't too worried because it happened the night before and it wasn't a big deal. We got home at about 9 o'clock and walked down the stairs to our appartment and we had 3 inches of water in our entire appartment! haha it was quite the experience cleaning it up for 2 hours but all is good now!! I couldnt help but laugh and know that I was being punished for all the times I told my Mother how easy cleaning the house was, and how keeping the house clean wasn't a big deal. It's a little harder than it looks! 

I am learning lessons every day and happy for the opportunity I have to be here in Mexico! I miss you all but I dont want to see you for a long time!

have a great week!

Elder Hirsch

No comments:

Post a Comment