Monday, September 15, 2014

Kelton Gets transfered September 15, 2014

Family and Friends,

You did not get taken off the email list, but nothing here has happened so it wasn't worth wasting my email time to write about my emotions! haha I still love all of you just not quite as much as I love my Family!

Well this week I have some things to tell you! I had my first baptism! His name is Miguel Perez and he is my pal. He got baptized Tuesday. I wasn't a huge part of teaching him, but we are pals, and he wanted me to baptize him. He helped me practice my Spanish a lot!

Then we had another miracle a couple weeks ago. We were walking down the street and this little goofy mexican guy stopped us and said he wanted us to come to his house the next day! So we went and visited him and it turns out he had already been to church twice in the past. (Which means he only has to come two more times in order to qualify for baptism) Anyways we started teaching him a little slow, but he can't read or write and wasn't really understanding what we were teaching and we didn't think he would come to church, but we were wrong! He came to church, and then decided that he wanted to come to the baptism of Miguel Perez on Tuesday. Well during the baptism he felt the Spirit so strong that he wanted to be baptized that day! Unfortunately he hadn't been taught any of the lessons formally and had only been to church three times. He then set his mind on being able to be baptized Sunday. So Thursday we taught him litterally ALL, the lessons. He then had his interview Friday, and was baptized by my companion Sunday! Crazy how the Lord prepares people! So we ended up having two baptisms in my first transfer!

I did get trasfered out of El Oro:( which was kind of a bummer because it is a super cool pueblo! I am now serving in the city, with Elder Martinez who is from the Dominican Republic. He knows really good english so I think he is going to help me out a ton! We will see how it goes!

I love you all, and want to remind you that the Lord is always here for us. The only times we feel like we don't have the Holy Ghost with us are those times when we aren't listening! The Lord loves us so much, and wants us to be Happy! I love you all so much and miss you like crazy! I hope you have a wonderful week, and always remember if I dont write you an email its because nothing cool happened, not because I don't love you.

Elder Hirsch

No comments:

Post a Comment